COVID-19 Essential Service and Prevention Measures
In these challenging times, we are working hard to balance the safety of our employees with the needs of our customers who have been deemed essential services in Ontario.
As per the Government of Ontario’s “List of Essential Workplaces” Lift North America qualifies as an essential service through “Section 1: Supply Chains”, in that we provide “maintenance necessary to operate” several of the listed types of essential services:
- Food & Beverage
- Transportation Services
- Agriculture and Food Production
In compliance with the government’s request, we have made arrangements for virtually all administrative and sales staff to work from home. We have restricted access to our office and shop such that all deliveries are met outside with limited internal shop employees taking goods into the building.
As always, our field technicians are trained and briefed daily to comply with all customer specific site policies for access along with health and safety procedures. In particular and during the COVID-19 Emergency period, our technicians:
- Have been informed to monitor themselves and those around for COVID-19 symptoms
- Take extra precautions in frequent handwashing
- Sneezing and coughing into sleeves
- Practicing social distancing, keeping at least 2 metres of distance from others
- Have each been provided an ample supply of hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, masks, single-use gloves.
Lift North America Management